Anything can happen in your average work day, so make sure you’re prepared with these six office desk essentials. (more…)
It’s a killer going back to work after the Christmas break. After a week of eating your own body weight in mince pies and drinking Baileys daily for breakfast, the shock of having to get up early to go and do some real work, instead of watching festive flicks all day long, will be totally alien to you.
Take some comfort knowing you are not alone feeling like this. You can pretty much guarantee everyone you see during the morning commute to the office on the first day back in January will be feeling pretty miserable.
Get that first day out of the way though and that’s going to be the hardest part over. To steer you through, we’ve got a few suggestions you might want to try, do this and the week might just pass a little easier.
- Kick start a health regime – This is a good way to lose all the festive timber you’ve acquired over Christmas.
- Plan a short break – Don’t feel down in the dumps, plan a weekend away later on in the year.
- Start a new hobby – Fancy salsa classes or always wanted to take cookery lessons? Do something new and exciting you haven’t tried before.
- Arrange a mate date – Stop leaving it too long until you catch up with pals. Plan a meet up in the next few weeks.
- Sleep more – If you’ve partied hard over Christmas have a few early nights and give your body chance to recover.
- Get your finances in order – Credit and debit cards get a bit of a bruising over the festive period. Take proactive steps in January to clear that debt.
- Eat healthy – Your body will be bristling with toxins after the seasonal madness so eat healthier, smaller portions, and cram in as many vitamins and minerals as you can.
- Organise extra days out – Think about fun things you can do at the weekend whether this is a walk in the country or a day at the seaside.
- Make more time for loved ones – Spending quality time with people you care about is a natural tonic if you are feeling a little low. Devote more time to this from January onwards.
- Think positive thoughts – Try to start the day on a positive note, and when you go to sleep at night, be thankful for the good things you currently have in your life.
We sincerely hope those back to work blues don’t make you too miserable this year. Try some of these tips and you’ll soon be feeling a bit more like your old cheery self.